Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Favorite Spring Nail Polishes (by Smugnificent)



  Earlier this week I uploaded a video in Greek on my Youtube channel about my favorite Spring polishes, since the weather in Switzerland started to remind Spring finally (now it is like fall again but I am keeping the hope guys). Τhis video is a collaboration with a lovely Greek blogger and Youtuber Lucy (so be sure to check her out I have her links on the video, she does a lot of tutorials etc no need to speak Greek to watch these!). I had promised you that I would put a list of the polishes I mentioned here on my blog so I could also share some swatches with all of you my non Greek speaking friends too. I know I am a bit too late but a lot of work and my birthday celebrations got in the way. Well better late than ever. So let's check my 20 favorite polishes for Spring (without any particular order).


Πριν λίγες μέρες ανέβασα ένα video collaboration με τη γλυκύτατη Lucy, όπου σας δείχνουμε τα αγαπημένα μας βερνίκια νυχιών για την Άνοιξη. Σας είχα υποσχεθεί πως θα ανέβει post με τα ονόματα των βερνικιών που ανέφερα, όπως και photo swatches. Το ξέρω πως άργησα αλλά πολύ δουλειά, ένα συνέδριο και οι γενέθλιοι εορτασμοί χαχα μπήκαν στη μέση, όμως κάλλιο αργά παρά ποτέ. Όσες δε τσεκάρατε το video make sure you do (και της Lucy φυσικά) και πάμε να δούμε την 20αδα μου. Για το καθένα θα έχω κάποιο σύντομο σχόλιο στα αγγλικά καθώς μίλησα αναλυτικά στα ελληνικά γι αυτά στο video. Πολλές από τις photos τις έχετε ξαναδεί στο instagram ή εδώ στο blog ή στη σελίδα στο facebook, για τα υπόλοιπα έκανα μερικά νέα swatches στα γρήγορα. Μερικά swatches είναι αρκετά παλιά, χαίρομαι που βλέπω πως έχω βελτιωθεί λιγάκι με τον καιρό χαχα. Περιμένω να μάθω και τα δικά σας αγαπημένα βερνίκια για την Άνοιξη!



1)Yellow Umbrella by Sephora  


  A lovely bright yellow by Sephora's own brand. Not too neon, not too pastel this is for me a perfect yellow shade that I enjoy wearing on my toes even more than on my fingers.


2)Candy Floss by Mavala

 This is one of my latest nail purchases (you can see it here matched with a cute blue shade by Mavala). Bright and pigmented, only needs two coats to give this beautiful candy like pink. So girly!


3)Shocking Pink by Barry M

  On the other hand this is a bright neon hot pink. I love Barry M polishes, affordable and good quality, I 'd love to get some more on my next trip to London. This is a color that simply cannot go unnoticed
 

4)Cute as a button by Essie


 My favorite Essie nail polish, a perfect pink coral shade, most probably one of my most worn polishes, I cannot rave enough for this one!



5)Meet me at Coral Reef by Catrice

 A lovely coral shade by the German brand Catrice, with an extremely good ratio of price and quality. Here I am wearing it with a glitter top coat (can't remember which one to be honest) but it is extremely gorgeous on its own too.


6)Braziliant by Essie
7)Mango Sorbet by Korres

I have two more shades in the orange- coral family: Essie's Braziliant a bright orange with red undertones a lovely spring summer shade (looks great on all skintones tanned or not) and a beautiful peach shade by the Greek brand Korres, Mango Sorbet, my favorite shade by this brand and a staple polish for spring and summer.



8)Lilacism by Essie
9)Violet by Korres

 Another duo here of purples this time, a pastel light purple by Essie, so fragile and cute and a bright but not dark violet by Korres. I love them both!


10)Bikini so Teeny by Essie
11)Whimsical by Revlon 

 It is time for blue and Bikini so Teeny is a perfect light blue shade, my favorite by far just a slightly brighter than the usual baby light blues and that is what makes it so unique. Whimsical on the other hand is my perfect top coat for blue but also other nail polishes. It has multichrome glitters (blue, silver, rose gold etc) in a very sheer blueish base. You know how much I love glitter, I can stay away even in spring and summer.


12)For Audrey by China Glaze

This one is my favorite combo using Whimsical by far, it was like these two polish were made to be worn together. I am of course referring to my favorite China Glaze polish, the infamous and quite unique For Audrey, a "tiffany-blue" shade, taken from the color of Tiffany's jewellery boxes.



13)Blue Cara Ciao by Catrice

 This is one more of my favorite bright Catrice polishes a perfect blue (here is worn with an Inglot flake polish over it to add a bit more unique). Can I also say how much I love the name? 

 

14)Supershine No50 by Flormar

 When I think of bright emerald green this is the one. I wore it on Saint Patrick's day as I couldn't find anything more appropriate. It is shiny, glossy and just perfect!



15)Mojito Madness by Essie
16)Mint Candy Apple by Essie

 These two are my favorite Essie green shades ( I am using them here with another beauty which was left out from the 20 by a scratch: Turquoise and Caicos again by Essie). Mojito Madness was last summer's love, haven't left my toes since I got it and I will enjoy it this season again for sure. Mint Candy Apple is a perfect mint shade that applies opaque and smoothly. My favorite bright Essie shade together with Cute as a Button. Oh I love my greens.


17)Gargantuan Green Grape by OPI 

  This is another beloved mint shade a bit lighter than Essie's Mint Candy Apple. It is so perfect and I love it so much, my favorite bright OPI shade (I mostly love their darker shades).  But applying this is a pain in the ass (pardon my French :P), it is so streaky and needs at least 3 coats to make it look good. But then it looks really good.


18)Waterlily by Dior

 Although I put it usually among my mints this is a pistache shade, so gorgeous that I cannot get enough of it. One of my very few really high end polishes this was love at first sight. The fact that it is scented with a lovely floral perfume makes it even better.


19)Magnifica by Ludurana
20)No 63 by Nfu Oh

 As it is obvious I love bright cream polishes for Spring and Summer but nevertheless I will always enjoy a holo. Holographic nail polishes are amazing and I am totally in love with them in any season. These two are amazing, a beautiful pink by Nfu oh (they make delicious holos and oh that bottle... splendid) and a blue by an indie Brazilian brand, Ludurana. This one is holographic and scented. Beat that. I wish you could see how amazing they are but the photos don't really do them any justice. Small advice: if you are a lot into holos invest in a special base for holographics like for example the Nfu Oh one. It makes huge difference when applying the polishes.


So without any particular order these were my favorite Spring polishes, it was so difficult for me to choose only 20. Most of the photos are old swatches that I posted here, on Facebook or my instagram (some of the older ones are not the best swatches, happy I can see a bit of improvement here). Which one of these do you like more? Which are your favorite shades for the season? I am always open to nail polish suggestion so please don't hesitate.


31 comments:

  1. Σαν χρώματα είναι όλα υπέροχα! Έχουμε κοινά μανό από Κορρέ, τα οποία λατρεύω και χρησιμοποιώ συνέχεια! Πήρα και ιδέες πάλι.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Και μένα μου αρέσουν αυτά του Kορρέ, έχω κι άλλα όμως αυτά είναι τα αγαπημένα μου. Χαίρομαι που σου έδωσα ιδέες :)

      Delete
  2. Ενταξει, το cute as a button το ερωτευτηκα! Και το violet του Κορρε τρομερο!!! Αγαπω!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Δεν υπάρχει πιο γλυκό χρώμα από το cute as a button <3 Χαίρομαι που σου άρεσαν! :)

      Delete
  3. Πολύ όμορφα χρώματα!Το Candy Floss τέλειο! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τέλειες αποχρώσεις!!! Moυ άρεσαν πολύ το Shocking Pink by Barry M και το Blue Cara Ciao by Catrice!!!! Την συνέχεια την ξέρεις να μην στην πω....ΤU ξεσηκώστρα μου!!! ;o))XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. έτσι έτσι bright all the way :D Χαχα Φιλάκια γλυκιά μου!

      Delete
  5. Αχ είναι ολα μα όλα υπέροχα χρώματα!!! Πραγματικά είναι οι αποχρώσεις που λατρεύω και εγώ και για όσα δεν έχω δοκιμάσει μου έβαλες ιδέες ;-)
    Ειδικά αυτά τα πρασινούλικα-γαλάζια-παστέλ ♥♥

    Φιλάκια πολλά!!!
    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Να μας δείξεις και τα δικά σου αγαπημένα για τη season, μ αρεσουν τόσο οι Ανοιξιάτικες αποχρώσεις!

      Delete
  6. όλα είναι πολύ όμορφα και προσωπικά ξεχωρίζω της Mavala γιατί είναι τόσο γλυκούλικα!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. είναι μια σταλιά και τόσο χαριτωμένα :D xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great choices! Meet me at coral reef looks so pretty. And the green Dior one looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it out next time you pass by a Catrice stand, it is really worth it! :)

      Delete
  8. Όλα τέλεια!Μας τρέλανες με το βιντεάκι, μας τρελαίνεις και με το post!! Eρωτευμένη με mint χρώματα τον τελευταίο καιρό!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xaxa :) Αχ εγώ το αγαπώ συνέχεια το mint <3

      Delete
  9. love that blue shade by mavala...and you just reminded me of my turquoise and caicos! used to be one of my favorites!

    [oomph.]
    mobile morsels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, I 've seen this polish on your blog, I think it was the first comment I 've ever left you asking you about that

      Delete
  10. πηρα τα cute as a button και mint candy apple τωρα και ψιλομετανιωνω που δεν πηρα και το turquise and caicos.το bikini so teeny ηταν ερωτας με την πρωτη ματια οπως και το mango sorbet που το δοκιμασα απο την ξαδερφη μου και λεω να το παρω αν και βρηκα κατι παρομοιο στην erre due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πολλές καλές επιλογές όλα θα τα χαρείς :)

      Delete
  11. σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ :-) πολύ ευχαριστώς να το τσεκάρω

    ReplyDelete
  12. Μου άρεσε πολύ το mango! και ταιριάζει πολύ όταν αρχίζεις και μαυρίζεις!!!nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ναι είναι φοβερό σε μαυρισμένες επιδερμίδες. Σ' ευχαριστώ :)

      Delete
  13. Ωραια νυχακια! Μερικα χρωματακια τα εχω κι εγω και ελπιζω να τα τιμησω παλι φετος το καλοκαιρακι!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To χάρηκα να το κάνω αυτό το Post με τόσο χρώμα :D Να τα τιμήσεις κι ανμε το καλό μπορέσεις να μας δείξεις και τα δικά σου αγαπημένα :) Φιλιά!

      Delete
  14. So many pretty colours!!! My vote goes to the holos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure about that. Our vote always goes to the holos first <3

      Delete
  15. Σε μισώ να ξέρεις!! Έχεις όλη μου τη wishlist και αυτό του Dior που δεν τόλμησε καν να μπει στη wishlist! Εντάξει, έχω ήδη μερικά από αυτά οπότε δε σε μισώ τόσο :) Είναι όλα πανέμορφα, ένα κι ένα τα χρώματα! Φιλάκια πολλάαα!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xaxaxaxa Μη με μισείς Natalie μου! Είμαι και γω ένα θύμα, δε μπορώ να αντισταθώ :*

      Delete
  16. Υπέροχα είναι!!! Είδα και το βιντάκι...τέλειο! Το bikini so teeny και το Gargantuan Green Grape τα ερωτεύτηκα!
    Φιλάκια πολλά :)
    http://fairiesofbeauty.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. είναι πολύ όμορφες και καλοκαιρινές αποχρώσεις και οι 2 :) Φιλάκια!

      Delete